- Position: PhD candidate
- Phone: 0210452363
- Location: Plant and Food Research, Lincoln
- Contact: Contact Form
Academic and Professional Background
Subha completed his BSc in Microbiology(Honours) in 2003 and an MSc in Genetics in 2005 at the University of Calcutta, India. His research work has given him experience in various fields of science, including shrimp virology, molecular plant virology and neurogenetics. He has contributed to several papers and publications. Subha is working with Andy Pitman at Plant and Food Research on: Rhizoctonia solani on potato in New Zealand: pathogen characterisation and identification of double-stranded RNA viruses that may affect their virulence
My research is focused on identifying and characterising beneficial viruses that infect and alter the pathogenic ability of R. solani, potentially leading to future development of novel biocontrol strategies to manage Rhizoctonia diseases of potato. My research work is funded by Potatoes New Zealand and the Foundation for Research, Science & Technology Ecosystems Bioprotection programme (LINX0804). I am supervised by Professor Richard Falloon and Dr Andrew Pitman of Plant & Food Research, and Professor Alison Stewart of the Bio-Protection Research Centre at Lincoln University.
- Das S, Shah F, Butler R, Falloon R, Stewart, Alison, Raikar S and Pitman AR (2013). Genetic variability and pathogenicity of Rhizoctonia solani associated with black scurf of potato in New Zealand. Plant Pathology (in press).
- Das, S., Roy, A., Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Acharyya, S., & Ghosh, S. K. (2008). Sequence variability and phylogenetic relationship of betasatellite isolates associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta in India. Virus Genes. 37, 414-424.
- Das, S., Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Roy, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2008) Complete nucleotide sequence of a monopartite begomovirus associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta from north India. Archives of Virology. 153, 1791-1796.
- Das, S., Paul, S., Ghosh, R., Palit, P., Acharyya, S., Das, A., Mir, J. I., Ghosh, S. K., & Roy, A. (2008). Occurrence of a Begomovirus and satellite DNA associated with yellow vein disease of Sida sp. from eastern India and its computational analyses. Indian Journal of Virology. 19, 119.
- Dutta, S., Das, S., Guhathakurta, S., Sen, B., Sinha, S., Chatterjee, A., Ghosh, S., Ahmed, S., Ghosh, S., & Usha, R. (2007). Glutamate Receptor 6 Gene (Glur6 or GRIK2) Polymorphisms in the Indian Population: A Genetic Association Study on Autism Spectrum Disorder. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology. 27, 1035-1047.
- Roy, A., Acharyya, S., Das, S., Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Srivastava, R. K., & Ghosh, S. K. (2009). Distribution, epidemiology and molecular variability of the begomovirus complexes associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta in India. Virus Research. 141, 237-246.
- Paul, S., Ghosh, R., Das, S., Palit, P., Acharyya, S., Das, A., Mir, J. I., Chaudhuri, S., Ghosh, S. K., & Roy, A. (2009). First report of Tomato leaf curl Joydebpur virus and associated betasatellite in kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus) plants showing leaf curl symptoms from southern India. Plant Pathology. 58, 403.
- Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Das, S., Palit, P., Acharyya, S., Das, A., Mir, J. I., Ghosh, S. K., & Roy, A. (2008). Molecular evidence for existence of a New World begomovirus associated with yellow mosaic disease of Corchorus capsularis in India. Australasian Plant Disease Notes. 3, 59-62.
- Paul, S., Roy, A., Ghosh, R., Das, S., Chaudhuri, S., & Ghosh, S. K. (2008). Molecular characterization and sequence variability of betasatellites associated with leaf curl disease of kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) from different geographical locations of India. Acta Virologica. 52, 251-256.
- Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Palit, P., Das, S., Das, A., Acharyya, S., Mir, J. I., Ghosh, S. K., & Roy, A. (2008). Molecular characterization and computational analysis of coat protein gene of an east Indian isolate of Bhendi yellow vein mosaic virus and associated DNA-beta satellite. Indian Journal of Virology. 19, 173-182.
- - Home
- - About the Centre
- - Contact
- - Our People
- - Research
- - Latest News
- - Our Publications
- - Vacancies
- - Events
- - Sequencing and Genotyping
- - TG2012
Staff and Student Area
Staff and students can log in to access student and staff-specific information like centre news, forms, and other resources.