Manawatu Microscopy and Imaging Centre
The Manawatu Microscopy & Imaging Centre (MMIC) is a multi-user imaging facility based at Massey University.
We provide researchers with the latest equipment needed for transmitted light and fluorescence microscopy, electron microscopy and image analysis.
The facilities include:
- Leica TCS SP5 confocal microscope.
- FEI Quanta 200 environmental Scanning Electron Microscope with digital image capture and EDAX for elemental analysis
- Philips CM10 Transmission Electron Microscope with SIS Morada high-resolution digital imaging.
- Four advanced compound research microscopes with digital image capture for Bright Field, DIC and Phase Contrast, Transmitted Light Microscopy and Widefield Fluorescence.
- Image analysis suite with a range of software for Quantitative Analysis, image rendering, and preparation for publication or presentation.